Webflow vs. Pagecloud: a quick overview
Pagecloud is a drag-and-drop website builder that enables you to design and deploy websites without writing code. It is a no-code tool that equips you with pre-designed sections and the freedom to customize them to the smallest detail. Founded in 2014, Pagecloud makes web design and development accessible to everyone.
Webflow offers 12 different pricing tiers divided into three main categories.
- Site plans are best for simple or content-driven websites.
- Ecommerce plans are best for e-commerce stores.
- Workspace plans allow you to manage multiple sites and collaborate with a larger team.
Before going live, Webflow allows you to first build your whole site for free. You can tweak your site as long as you want before launching.
Site plans start at $12/mo and go up to $36/mo for business. Ecommerce plans start at $29/mo and go up to $212/mo.
When you work in a team, you can pick the Workspace plan. The core plan enables you to invite 3 team members and will cost you $19/mo per seat. The growth plan will unlock up to 9 seats and cost $49/mo per seat.
Enterprise plans in every category are personalized case by case. Check out the Webflow pricing site for more details.
Pagecloud offers your first 1-page website for free to allow you to learn if the web builder is the right for you. You can start on a blank canvas or browse among their premium plans. All premium plans include the ability to add a custom domain, store, additional pages, and team members.
Pagecloud premium plans branches in Website and E-commerce plans.
You can choose among three different website plans:
- A small business plan that costs $19/mo (billed annually) is the right fit for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- A business plan that costs $29/mo (billed annually) is the right fit for teams and businesses that need additional requirements.
- A pro plan costs $58/mo (billed annually) and is the right fit for marketing teams, agencies, and freelancers.
Pagecloud also offers three different E-commerce plans:
- A starter E-commerce plan that costs $29/mo (billed annually) is the right fit for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- An advanced E-commerce plan that costs $49/mo (billed annually) is the right fit for larger teams and businesses with additional requirements.
- An unlimited E-commerce plan that costs $89/mo (billed annually) is the right fit for larger teams and businesses with additional requirements.
All six different plans include expert chat support standing behind your back every part of your way.
Ease of use
There are two paths you can take when starting in Webflow. You can start from scratch or use a pre-made Webflow template and customize it. Every element is fully customizable, so we recommend starting with a template. Templates will lay the fundamentals for you and make the web-building process faster.
Webflow is not the only tool designed with simplicity in mind. Pagecloud is on a mission to help businesses across many industries create websites fast and efficiently. With no coding knowledge required, Pagecloud is thus popular among entrepreneurs, marketers, and all other tech-savvy professionals.
Pagecloud doesn't only enable you to move content around the page, but also to copy and paste external content directly into your site. Considering the importance of responsive design, Pagecloud makes it easy to optimize your page for mobile. The tool instantly reorganizes and optimizes the page for mobile after every change you make in the desktop version.
The tool automatically handles the image optimization and resizes them for max performance. Once you upload the images to your page, you can crop them and add filters to enhance the UI.
Like Webflow, Pagecloud also enables you to access the code and add even more functionality to your page.
To get familiar with Webflow, you can watch a series of educational videos at free Webflow university. There you can learn all the fundamentals and more complex stuff like animation. The videos are not only educational but also really entertaining! Pagecloud does not host its university, but has published a few blogs to help you start!
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Curating a good SEO strategy is a powerful way to drive traffic to your site. Imagine your page ranking first on Google for a few very high in-demand SERPs. SEO will help your business scale tremendously.
Webflow understands how important this is and thus has many functionalities that enable you to implement good SEO practices. Firstly, it runs on a clean code to improve your page speed and performance. Its latest feature allows you to convert all images to WebP format, resulting in an even faster site.
You can edit and create meta descriptions, titles, and custom slug straight in the page settings. Webflow also enables you to embed social posts on the site and automatically generate sitemaps. Lastly, it makes responsive design easy. With mobile devices taking more than 60% of all organic search visits, responsiveness is crucial, and Google knows this.
Creators of Pagecloud understand the importance of SEO as well and have automated quite a few things on their platform. Pagecloud automatically generates a sitemap, secures every page, and optimizes images so the website can run as fast as possible.
You can edit your page title and meta description in the editor and set up a custom domain through any Domain Registrar. You can also modify your URL structure and make your page more discoverable.
Building a website can be overwhelming, especially without any coding knowledge. Albeit you don't need to know how to code for Pagecloud and Webflow, there is a high chance you will get stuck at some point.
When this happens, you want to have fast support at your disposal. When growing a business, you won't have time to spend hours figuring out the solution.
Webflow doesn't offer 24/7 customer service. You can submit your issues via email but will have to wait up to 2 days before getting a response. Webflow also has a community forum where you can connect with other users.
The live customer service is not exactly top-notch, but Webflow makes it up with their free university. It offers a huge library of step-by-step guides, that you tackle both beginner and advanced problems.
Pagecloud offers live chat at 16:30 EST from Monday to Friday. Their customer service also includes the Pagecloud help center - a collection of resources for Pagecloud. The E-commerce help center contains all the essential information on setting up, managing, and promoting your site.
Webflow vs. Pagecloud: Pros and cons
- You have complete creative control without any coding knowledge.
- The visual editor translates your design into code
- Build complex and rich animation to make your site stand out.
- Completely free until going live
- Clean and semantic code, high-performance site
- Webflow university with a rich library of resources
- Advanced SEO tools
- The steep learning curve to mastering the platform
- Limited help and support options when you get stuck
- Basic analytics to track your eCommerce performance
- No mobile app is available
- The user interface can be intimidating for someone without a web design background
- You have complete creative control without any coding knowledge.
- The visual editor translates your design into code.
- Copy and paste external content directly into the page.
- Access advanced SEO tools from your page settings.
- Full code access for custom web solutions.
- No mobile editor is available.
- Keeping a clean layout might be a difficulty for beginners.
- The lack of grids can make the designing experience overwhelming.
- Hard to manipulate the design to look good on desktop and mobile.
- You have a limit on how you can customize elements on the site.
Finally, we can conclude our thoughts on how Webflow vs. Pagecloud compares. Both are powerful tools that will help you build an online presence fast. Being a solo entrepreneur or a small business with no unlimited funds, Pagecloud and Webflow could be game changers.
Webflow is a no-code SaaS web builder offering unlimited freedom and flexibility. You can build sites from scratch and customize every single element on them. It enables you to create animations and complex interactions without much coding knowledge needed. No wonders the platform got so much traction in recent years.
Pagecloud is a great alternative to Webflow and is a perfect solution for less complex website structures. Drag and drop builder enables you to edit and create your page effortlessly. Albeit the responsiveness is not as good as with Webflow, Pagecloud can be a perfect solution for small businesses.
You can always try both before making a final decision. Create your first free Pagecloud website or get Webflow free plan to learn about both platforms. But if you want to consider even more website-building tools, check out how Webflow compares to WordPress or Wix.
Is Pagecloud free to use?
Pacecloud is not free to use, yet it offers you to build the first 1-page website for free.
Are there templates for Pagecloud?
There are many templates for Pagecloud you can pick. You can choose templates across many niches and industries.
How difficult is it to learn Webflow?
The difficulty will depend on your experience, knowledge, and time you are willing to invest in learning. A design or coding background will enable you to pick up Webflow in days.